Can you drive forward digital design principles to achieve digital excellence?
Do you want to be a key player in the delivery of the organisation’s business transformation?
If so, then this may be the role for you!
The core purpose of the Digital Service Designer role is to support our ‘Digital by Design’ objectives by designing and co-creating excellent digital services that customers will choose to use above traditional channels.
“The future is already here – it’ just not evenly distributed” (William Gibson)
Join us and play a key role in bringing a better, digitally enabled, future to our customers and the Stockport Homes team.
You will be responsible for…
- Engaging and interacting with customers and staff to establish service needs through workshops, journey mapping, user diaries, service safaris and user shadowing
- Communicating and championing customer and staff service needs to Service Managers, the business, the project team, consultants and developers
- Analysing pain points within our services and identify root causes for those pain points
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement – including opportunities for digital automation
- Developing digital service design briefs and proposals (including the case for change) with Service Managers.
What we’re looking for in a Digital Service Designer….
- Design related degree or relevant experience within human centred design.
- Experience of applying digital design in a wide range of business situations from frontline to back-office operations that can be presented, demonstrated and evidenced
- The proven ability to design services that are inclusive and accessible
- Excellent knowledge of digital technologies and the ability to make recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used
- User focus and the ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders to champion their service needs
We are passionate about not only providing housing and building new homes in Stockport but helping to transform the lives of our customers and role will be key in contributing to this.
Initial 18-month fixed term contract – there is the potential for a contract extension or indeed for the role to become permanent.
Closing date: 29th March 2020
Group exercises and interview: 3rd and 6th April 2020 - Candidates are asked to note these dates
We’re officially recognised as a great employer and look for people with a passion for what they do - we recognise talent and develop individuals to be the best that they can be.In 2020, Stockport Homes achieved three star ‘extraordinary’ Best Companies accreditation and were recognised as one of Britain’s best employers for the eleventh consecutive year running by the Sunday Times newspaper.
We are the Number 1 Not-For-Profit Organisation to work for in the Sunday Times Top 100 list for 2020 (Number one in the Best Companies Top 25 Housing Organisations to Work for) and have also achieved Platinum Investors in People status for our approach to people management and development.
All posts offer attractive conditions of service and a range of employee benefits including a commitment to personal development, work life balance and a genuine commitment to embrace diversity for employees and customers.
Stockport Homes is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.